Here at LifePoint Students, we believe that parents are the true disciple-makers. Therefore part of our goal is to partner with parents in leading their students toward knowing Jesus and discovering their part in God’s global purpose. We seek to do this in three ways:
1. We create a Parenting Resource every week (see below) that serves to help our parents disciple their students from Pastor George’s Sunday morning sermons
2. We send out (in our weekly Student Ministry email blast every Friday) a Parenting Resource connected with what we will be teaching your student the following Wednesday night during Student Night Live detailing how you can continue the sermon topic conversation with your student at home.
3. We work hard to maintain a collection of additional parenting resources (see below) ranging over a variety of topics that you, as the parent, can go to for further equipping as you seek to disciple your student through all of the obstacles they may encounter during these Middle school and High school years.
We here at LifePoint Students take seriously the calling God has placed on you, as the parent, to disciple your student. Therefore if you have any questions or suggestions on how we can better partner with you in this endeavor, please don’t hesitate to contact us
PARENT SERMON RESOURCES
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER BELOW
- The Growing Leaders Blog – Dr. Tim Elmore is a widely respected expert in the area of leadership development and has a heart for raising up the next generation. His blog contains multiple articles related to student culture and ways in which we can set our students up for future success.
- Gotquestions.org – This website provides answers to over 500,000 different questions. Simply type in your questions and see the responses.
- Christian Counseling & Education Foundation (CCEF) – CCEF is a Christian Counseling organization that contains multiple resources and articles. If you have a question about a counseling related topic, CCEF is a great place to start!
- OpenBible.info – This website provides easy access to Bible references based upon questions. If you have a question about what the Bible says about something, this is the place to check!
- Home Word Center for Youth and Family – This website is a helpful resource for learning about family discipleship.
- The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding (CPYU) – CPYU is a nonprofit organization committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers.
- Plugged In – Plugged In is a website which gives Christian reviews on popular media.
- XXX Church – XXX Church is a nonprofit organization that assists men and women with pornography and sex addiction.