At LifePoint Students, our purpose is to SHARE the Gospel of Christ will unbelieving students and invite them into a community of BELONGING where they can GROW toward becoming fully functioning followers of Christ and be sent out to SERVE those around them fueled by a PASSION for God’s glory in all things.
We take these five points from five traits that marked the early church in the book of Acts
1. Evangelism (“SHARE”) – Our purpose is to teach and train students on how to share with others the Gospel and their own story of how they came to know and love Jesus.
2. Fellowship (“BELONGING”) – Our purpose is to invite students into a community of believers where they can feel as though they are loved and cared for.
3. Discipleship (“GROW”) – Our purpose is to teach and train students on how to follow Christ in every sphere of their lives, and not just on Sundays.
4. Service (“SERVE”) – Our purpose is to lead students to see that God has gifted them with skills, passions, and resources so that they can use those things to serve those around them.
5. Worship (“PASSION”) – Our purpose is to lead students to make much of Christ in everything they do and say.
Feel free to check everything out, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. To keep updated on what’s going on, sign up to receive texts from us so you do not miss out all that is happening with LifePoint Students!
(972) 335-3112 x321 | email@example.com
I was born in Hartford, Connecticut, but moved to Edmond, Oklahoma when I was 5 years old. I grew up going to church with my family, but decided to place my faith in Jesus Christ while at a Christian sports camp in Middle School. I attended Oklahoma State University (Go Cowboys!) for my undergraduate work pursuing a career with the Federal Bureau of Investigations. However, halfway through my time in college, I felt strongly that the Lord was leading me toward vocational ministry. Consequently, I graduated from OSU and moved down to Dallas, Texas to pursue a Masters in Theology at Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS). While in Dallas, I met and fell in love with my incredible wife Josie and we were married in May of 2016. I graduated from DTS in May of 2017 and, via God working through multiple friends and family, accepted an offer to become the Student Pastor here at LifePoint Church. My life has been transformed by God revealing Himself to me, through Jesus Christ, as the Greatest Treasure anyone can hope to find, and it’s my deepest desire to point our students toward this same life-altering Truth because He changes everything!
Associate Student Minister
(972) 335-3112 x423 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I was born in Denison but raised in Plano, TX. I committed my life to Jesus at the age of 12 during camp in Falls Creek, OK. I remember feeling overwhelmed with emotion and a desire to KNOW Jesus intimately. Walking back to the cabin that night I felt changed, loved and unafraid.
Later in my teens, while on a mission trip, I truly felt God’s call on my heart to pursue ministry helping to further the Kingdom. I started this journey as the Elementary and Pre-Teen Director at LifePoint Kids, and now am the Associate Student Minister for LifePoint Students. I have a passion to meet teens where they are and help them discover a personal relationship with Jesus in their own lives.
When I’m not at the church you can usually find me in Arlington cheering on the Texas Rangers.