Position Title: Graphic Designer, Communications Ministry
Location: Plano, Texas at LifePoint Church
Job Status: Contract, ~20 hours a week
Experience: A degree in Graphic Design or a related field and 1-3 years of design experience is preferred.
Description: The Graphic Designer will help LifePoint Church accomplish its purpose by delivering accurate and timely communication about the church’s ministries and activities, both internally to the membership and externally to the community, through various print, screen, videos, and web mediums. The Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of the Communications Director to develop and execute creative, strategic, and effective means to promote stories, events, and ministry programming. A commitment to excellence, creativity, flexibility, and a team spirit are essential.
Reports to: Isaac Trevino, Communications Director
- Design weekend communication pieces that support and enhance the service experience.
- Participate in message series planning meetings
- Design message series theme graphics
- Design and produce weekly bulletin
- Provide graphic support for videos
- Create promotional/announcement slides
- Design and produce invite cards for invite campaigns
- Design graphics for promotional web banners and images
- Design graphics for social media posts
- Provide graphic design assistance for ministry publications
- Design and produce materials for major initiatives
- Design signage and banners as needed for all church initiatives
- Maintain updating of Connection Card copy, as needed
- Coordinate printing of Connection Cards, office stationary, note cards and envelopes
- Manage updating and printing of staff business cards
- Other duties as needed
- A passion to reach people for Christ and to help mobilize congregation and community to help make a difference in our community and world through high quality communications.
- Experience as a graphic designer
- Strong graphic, typography, and print design skills.
- Copywriting skills preferred.
- Flexibility and able to work with quick turn around times
- Advanced knowledge of: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Mac OS X, preparing print-ready artwork.
- A strong portfolio that showcases quality print and digital work.
- Not required but nice to have: Photography skills, writing skills, video capturing and editing skills.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Include a portfolio of your design work
For additional job opportunities in the metroplex, check out: http://careerdfw.org/J/
For information about navigating the website, or for more jobsearch resources, contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional job opportunites around the country, check out: http://careerUSA.org
Dallas Pit Crew
Location: Christ United Methodist Church
3101 Coit Rd, Plano, TX 75075
The PIT Crew (Practice Interview Team) is one of the best job search meetings to attend in DFW. They perform practice interviews for 3 to 5 people each week. Meetings are every Wednesday at 1:30 PM at Christ United Methodist Church in Plano.
Email: dallasPITcrew@gmail.com | Phone: 972-861-CREW (2739)